Springs for the 3/4″ and 20 mm Spring Loaded Engraving Tools™
Various Strength Springs are used in the Spring Loaded Engraving Tools to Affect the Depth of Cut When Engraving
Springs For The Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tools
These Springs are for use with the 3/4″ and 20 mm diameter Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tools, which engraves flat, curved and uneven surfaces either via rotary engraving or drag/scratch engraving.
Springs provide force against the Engraving Tool Bit tip.
Stronger Springs apply greater force for greater depth of cut.
Lighter Springs apply less force for shallower depth of cut.
- A Light Tension Spring is included with each Spring Loaded Engraving Tool and is typically used for general engraving of Plastic, Brass, Aluminum, and mild Steels.
- An Extra Light Spring can be used to apply less force when engraving very soft Plastics.
- A Medium, Heavy, Extra-Heavy, or Extra-Extra Heavy Spring can be used to obtain greater depth of cut on Steels, Stainless Steel, Tool Steels, and many other hard materials.
- The stronger the spring used, the greater the force applied to the tool bit tip, which may affect tool life.
Feel free to contact us with Spring and Tool Bit Selection for your specific applications.
* The 2L Spring Loaded Engraving Tool is covered by U.S. Patents 6,834,434, 7,093,368, and 7,607,871.
You may also like…
Engraving Tool Starter Kits Set Of 6 Popular Engraving Tools
2 Flute Conical Ball Nose Engraving Tools: Higher Feedrates
3/4 and 20 mm Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tools
- Single Flute
- Lasts Longer Engraving Aluminum, Brass, etc.
- Engrave: Aluminum, Brass, Copper, Zinc & More
Tough Tip Engraving Tool for Aluminum: For Max Tool Strength