Several of our products are so unique they are patented and/or patent pending. These include: Spring Loaded Engraving Tools™ for cnc machine engraving of uneven surfaces, Tough Tip Engraving Tool for engraving Steel and Stainless Steel, Tough Tip Engraving Tool for Aluminum, Tough Tip Engraving Tool with Radius, Modular Vacuum Chucks and Adjustable Workstops and Edge Clamps for workholding and fixturing, and the Spring Loaded CNC Countersink Depth Stop Tool.
We manufacture in house in Massachusetts, USA.
We maintain stock on a majority of our tools; keeping them ready to ship the same day!
We keep thousands of our Engraving Tool Bits in stock. We produce custom Engraving Tools with a fast turn-around.
Some of our most popular Engraving Tools include:
- Standard Conical for Steels, Stainless Steel, Plastic, Aluminum, Brass.
- Tough Tip Engraving Tool ® for Stainless Steel and Hard Materials.
- Tough Tip Engraving Tool ® for Aluminum, Brass Plastic and Soft Materials.
- Tough Tip Engraving Tool ® with Radius.
- Single Flute and 2 Flute Conical Ballnose Tools.
- Profilers and Micro Profilers for small engraving.
- Quarter Round Engraving Tools.
- Diamond Tip and Carbide Point Scribe for very fine engraving & many others.
2L Solid Carbide Engraving Tools are available in standard and metric sizes.
We design, test and manufacture on our own fully automated CNC equipment. All of our Solid Carbide Tools and Cutters are CNC qualified and inspected with our state of the art optical measuring microscopes.
Spring Loaded Engraving Tool™
Engrave using a CNC Milling Machine with a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool and eliminate the need for dedicated engraving machines.
Engrave Flat, Curved and Uneven Surfaces
2L Spring Loaded Engraving Tools engrave curved, uneven and flat surfaces faster than when engraving using a rigid tool.
Decrease set up times using a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool.
Decrease engraving cycle times up to 84% using a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool.
Engrave glass, deburr and polish using a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool.
Engrave 2D Data Matrix Barcodes using a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool, 2D Data Matrix Solid Carbide Tool Bit, and the 2L PRO 3 Engraving Software Program.
We manufacture our Spring Loaded Engraving Tools in five sizes to fit virtually any CNC machine. Use a 3/4" or 20 mm diameter Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool for high volume, production engraving or use the 1/2", 3/8" or 1/4" Mini Spring Loaded Engraving Tool for smaller CNC Machines.
Engraving Depth Control Systems
Control the depth of engraving in increments of 0.001" when engraving using a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool and the Engraving Depth Control Nosepiece Systems.
for the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool™
The Depth Control Systems are used with the 3/4" or 20 mm Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool and the 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" Mini Spring Loaded Engraving Tool.
Use a Depth Control Engraving Nosepiece System when precise engraving depth is required.
- Produces permanent dots or pin marks using the rotating spindle of a CNC machine.
- Generates a succession of dots that appear as a line.
- Mark practically any material with height variations up to approximately 0.100" (2.54 mm).
- Perform high speed marking as fast as the CNC machine can move.
- Marks practically any material using an inexpensive, easily replaceable tool bit.
- Produce marks on a wide range of material hardness.
- FREE 2L PRO Light Engraving Software Download Program with eleven Single Line Engraving Font is included at no additional charge with the purchase of the CNC Dot Peen Marking Tool.
The 2L PRO Engraving Software Programs have been specifically developed to simplify the engraving process.
We offer four tiers of our 2L PRO Engraving Software Program:
- PRO 1 Version: 3 Axis Multi-Layer CAD/CAM Engraving Software Program. Perform engraving using a 3 Axis CNC Machine. Engrave logos, text, serialize part numbers, Draw lines, engrave text and numbers on a diagonal, curve, or reverse engrave, and much more.
- PRO 2 Version: 3 Axis, 4 Axis, C-Axis and Multi-Axis Lathe Engraving Software Program. Includes all the functionality of the PRO 1 Version with additional functionality to perform engraving using 3 and 4 Axis, and Multi-Axis Lathes.
- PRO 3 Version: 2D Data Matrix UID (Unique Identification Marks) Barcoding Engraving Software for Direct Part Marking on Standard CNC Milling Machines or Multi-Axis Lathes.
- PRO Light Version: Basic 3 Axis Engraving Software Program. Provided Free with the purchase of a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit. Engrave a single instance of Text or Numbers using this basic 3 Axis Program.
The 2L Single Line Fonts are for use with the 2L Engraving Software Programs.
A set of eleven (11) Single Line Engraving Stick Type Fonts are included with the purchase of the 2L PRO 1, PRO 2 or PRO 3 Engraving Software Programs.
One (1) 2L Single Line Stick Font is included with the Free 2L PRO Light Engraving Software Program that is provided with the purchase of a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit.
Designed, tested and produced in house.
We manufacture these Solid Carbide End Mills:
- Ferrous/Hard Materials Cutting End Mills.
- Aluminum Cutting End Mills.
- Plastic & Wood Cutting End Mills.
- Downcut End Mills for Plastic & Wood.
- Armor Mills™ for Granite & Armor Plate.
We keep many sizes of our Cutting Tools in stock, and we produce custom tools with a quick turn-around.
Designed, Tested and Produced In House. Available in many standard and metric sizes.
We manufacture these Solid Carbide Cutting Tools:
- Chamfering Tools.
- Standard Countersinks.
- Countersinks with Pilots.
- Spot Drills.
- Boring Bars.
- Thread Mills.
Modular Vacuum Chucks
The 2L Modular 8" x 12" Vacuum Chucks are a unique
Vacuum Chuck System that allows multiple Vacuum Chucks to be connected, which allows you to easily create the size Vacuum Chuck and vacuum workspace needed.
8" x 12"
Use a single 8" x 12" Vacuum Chuck, or connect multiple vacuum chucks together to create a custom Vacuum Workspace. Or, use 2, 3, 4 or more Vacuum Chucks to create the size vacuum chuck or layout required.
Use the Modular Vacuum Chucks for quick and flexible set up for prototypes and eliminate the need to create custom fixtures. The Vacuum Chuck face is designed with numbered locations which allows for quick set up, consistent workpiece placement, and is an excellent option for high production due to the ease of repeatability.
This system allows you to use your own Vacuum Pump to create the vacuum, or purchase a Air Venturi Vacuum, or Portable Electric Vacuum Pump to complete your set up. Complete Modular Vacuum Chuck and Vacuum Pump Systems are also available.
Vacuum Chucks - Large Sizes
2L Large Vacuum Chucks are produced from flat ground hi-tensile cast Aluminum plate.
13" x 25", 18" x 36", 24" x 48"
Vacuum Chucks have a unique grid design which maximizes the holding power of the Vacuum Chucks.
Each Vacuum Chuck has individual Vacuum Ports with multiple vacuum holes per port which allow for flexible use of the entire top surface. 1/2" spacing between the Gasket Cord Slots provides for flexible workpiece placement and optimizes table space and the amount of workpiece exposed to the vacuum.
2L produces Vacuum Chucks in house in these standard sizes:
These Vacuum Chucks can be used with an existing Vacuum Pump or purchase a Air Venturi Vacuum, or Portable Electric Vacuum Pump to complete your set up. Or, Complete Modular Vacuum Chuck and Vacuum Pump Systems are also available.
Replaceable Top Plates
Replaceable Top Plates
2L produces Replaceable Top Plates in several sizes and configurations. Custom Top Plates can be produced with quick lead times.
A Complete Vacuum Chuck and Vacuum Pump System includes everything needed to get started vacuum workholding. 2L Complete Vacuum Systems include a Vacuum Chuck, choice of the Portable Oil-Free Electric Vacuum Pump or Air Venturi Vacuum Generator, Accessories and Gasket Cord.
Complete Vacuum Systems are available with all 2L Vacuum Chucks including the 8" x 12" Modular Vacuum Chucks, and the Larger 13" x 25", 18" x 36", and 24" x 48" Vacuum Chucks.
- Portable 20 gallon ASME tank with a 10 CFM vacuum system.
- Large visible inlet filter to remove coolant or debris.
- Automatic adjustable vacuum switch for auto on/off at a set vacuum.
- 110 VAC / 9.2A power connection.
- Handle and wheels for easy transport.
- Maintenance free 3/4 hp oilless (oil-free) Vacuum Pump Motor.
- Maximum vacuum is 26” Hg.
- This Portable Electric Vacuum Pump can accommodate a 1,200 sq. in. Vacuum Chuck.
Air Venturi Vacuum Generators
Air Powered Venturi Vacuum Generator Pumps create a vacuum for workholding, fixturing and clamping using normal compressed air (shop air). The 2L Air Venturi Vacuum's straight through, filter free design helps prevent clogging from particles or contaminants.
Straight Through, Filter Free Design Prevents Clogging
Use an Air Venturi Vacuum Generator Pump for Vacuum Chuck workholding and custom hold down fixturing applications. The Air Venturi Vacuum can also be used as an AC Vacuum Pump to evacuate air conditioning. We produce our Venturi Vacuums in Anodized Aluminum and PTFE (Teflon) which allows then for use in harsh and dirty environments, as well as clean rooms.
Available sizes: 10-32 UN, and 1/16", 1/8", 1/4" and 3/8" M NPT.
Workstops and Edge Clamps
Low Profile Workstops and Edge Clamps can be used with workholding and fixturing applications that require a low clearance profile. These can be used with existing workholding, fixturing, clamping, or pallet systems, and 2L Modular Vacuum Chucks.
for Difficult to Hold Workpieces
These Adjustable Workstops and Edge Clamps reduce set up time and eliminate the need for custom fixtures.
The Hex Workstop, Edge Clamp, Corner Edge Clamp, and Thin Corner Edge Clamps can hold a wide range of part sizes including small, thin, corners, or odd shaped workpieces.
Vacuum Switch - Vacuum Gauge - Gasket Cords
for Vacuum Chucks and Workholding
Quiet Air Exhausted from Pneumatic Air Tools, Air Venturi Vacuums & More
Individual and Stacked Systems offer noise reduction in approximate ranges from 12-16 and 19-27 db. The Heavy Duty Silencers which are used in rugged environments such as oil and gas or marine environments allow for an approximate noise reduction levels of 20-30 db.
Available Sizes: 10-32 UN, 1/16", 1/8", 1/4" & 3/8", 1/2" and 3/4" M NPT.
Approx. Noise Reduction:
10-32 UN, 1/16", 1/8", 1/4" & 3/8" NPT
Approx. Noise Reduction:
1/8" & 1/4" NPT
Approx. Noise Reduction 1/2" & 3/4" NPT.
Extended Reach Tool Holder
Use the Extended Reach Tool Holder when a longer tool is needed to reach into deep cavities or pockets and where larger diameter collet holding devices will not allow getting close enough to the cavity or pocket walls.
for 1/8" Cutting Tools, Engraving Tools & End Mills
- 6.0" overall length
- Holds 1/8" (.125") diameter tool bits
- 3/8" (.375") overall shank diameter
Change the cutting tools from the front without removing the tool holder from the spindle. The straight shank (0.375") diameter allows you to control how far the tool holder protrudes from your collet.
CNC Countersink Depth Stop Tool - Spring Loaded
The CNC Countersink Depth Stop Tool allows countersinking of uneven surfaces. The Spring Loaded CNC Countersink Depth Stop Tool maintains precise countersink depth on materials with tolerance variations.
Countersink Uneven Surfaces
Hold Countersink Tool Bits with cutter diameters up to 7/8" (.875").
Spring compresses up to 0.375" to compensate for material variations.
Depth of cut can be adjusted in 0.001" increments.
1/2" (.500") tool shank fits into a standard 1/2" Collet or End Mill Holder.
Collets are available in sizes of 1/4", 1/2", 3/8", and 9/16" to hold Countersink Tool Bits up.
Use with 2L Superior Quality Solid Carbide Standard Countersinks or Countersinks with Pilots for maximum performance and to reduce chatter.
2L produces custom Solid Carbide End Mills, Engraving Tools, Countersinks, Chamfering Tools and many other cutting tools.
Our custom Tools are made with a Superior Sub Micron, Nano Grade Solid Carbide for maximum tool strength and durability.
All Custom Tools are produced in house with a quick turn-around. Download and Submit a custom tool drawing
Browse All Products
2L inc. is a USA Manufacturer of the Patented Spring Loaded Engraving Tool, Tough Tip Engraving Tool for Steels and Aluminum, and the Spring Loaded CNC Countersink Tool. We produce Solid Carbide Engraving Tools, End Mills, Chamfering Tools, Broken Tap Tools, Armor Mills for Granite and Armor Plate, Precision Vacuum Chucks, Pneumatic Air Tool Mufflers, Portable Electric Vacuum Pumps, and Air Venturi Vacuum Generator Pumps.
We manufacture in Hudson, Massachusetts.