Spring Loaded Engraving Tool – Engraving Examples
Engraving Examples Show Engraved Parts Using 2L Engraving Tool Bits, and Spring Loaded Engraving Tools
Here are some examples and photos of engraving using the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool on a wide range of parts.
The Spring Loaded Engraving Tool allows you to engrave flat, curved and uneven surfaces, faster with your cnc machine.
Examples shown of engraving using a rotary engraving tool or a drag engraver produces fantastic results on stainless steel, guns, aluminum, brass, and plastic without the need for complex 3D engraving cnc g-code programs.
Watch the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool in action on our YouTube Channel here.
Engraving with a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool™ vs. Engraving w/ Tool Held Ridigly
Curved Part Engraved with a 2L Spring Loaded Engraving Tool
When engraved with a Spring Loaded Tool the letters are consistently engraved on the part. The Spring Loaded Tool allows the Tool Bit to move with the contour of the part providing a consistent engraving.
Curved Part Engraved Using a Rigid Tool (Tool Bit In Collet)
When engraved with a rigid tool the text does not wrap with the contour of the workpiece and letters are not engraved completely.
Air Venturi Vacuums Engraved with a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool and 2L Tool Bits
Use Our Recommended Speeds and Feeds for Optimum Engraving Results
- Engraved with a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool™.
- Material: Aluminum.
- Engraving tool used: Standard Conical for Softer Materials.
Stainless Steel Plate with Inconsistent Worksurface Height
- When engraved with a 2L Spring Loaded Engraving Tool the engraving is consistent across the part.
- When engraved with a rigid tool portions of the engraving are missed due to the variance in the material surface.
Engrave extremely small letters with a Carbide Point Engraving Tool bit and a 2L Spring Loaded Engraving Tool.
- The Carbide Point Engraving Tool will leave a very fine and shallow engraved line.
- Engrave letters as small as 0.030″ high.
- 2L has successfully engraved letters 0.030″ (0.76 mm) tall and higher using a Carbide Point Engraving Tool, Spring Loaded Engraving Tool with a Heavy Spring on both steel and aluminum.
- The resulting engraved lines were approximately 0.005″ (0.127 mm) wide and 0.003″ (0.076 mm) deep.
- Engraving depth can be controlled by changing the feed rate or the spindle speed.
2L Spring Loaded Engraving Tools can be used for rotary engraving and drag engraving with a Diamond Tip Engraving Tool to Engrave Glass, Stone, Granite, Ceramic Tile and other hard and brittle materials without chipping or breaking the workpiece.
The Diamond Tip Engraving Tool will leave a very fine and shallow engraved line. As the engraving tool dulls or wears it floats over the work-piece and produces less of a mark without causing damage.
Tools used to engrave this piece of Glass Engraving:
- Material: Glass
- Spring Loaded Engraving Tool
- Light Spring
- Diamond Engraving Tool
- Spindle Rotating at 3000 rpm
- Feedrate: 18 ipm