Spotting Drills – Centering Drills, Solid Carbide
Spotting Drills / Centering Drills are used for Pre-Drilling Holes on a Wide Variety of Materials
Spotting Drills, Centering Drills, Premium Solid Carbide
Solid carbide Spotting Drills-Centering Drills are used to spot drill holes and produce exact hole locations when center drilling holes.
These NC Spot Drills have short flutes and no-land or body relief to maintain maximum rigidity. Maximum rigidity provides the best hole location.
- Spot drilling prevents drill walking.
- Spot drill before final drilling to maintain the best hole location.
- For use on practically any material from softer materials such as Aluminum, Brass, Plastic, and Wood to more difficult materials such as Steel, Stainless steel, Composites, Inconel, and Titanium.
- For softer materials 90° points are typically used to start drills up to 120°.
- 120° points are used to start drills above 120° (typically 135° drills). This allows the outer cutting edge of the secondary drill to start cutting before the point touches.
- To Spot Drill / Center Drill tougher and harder materials and for high performance secondary drills the 145° point is recommended.
- The 145° tools allows the point of the secondary drill to touch before the outer cutting edge.
- This helps to reduce chatter and prevent chipping of the secondary drill’s cutting edges.
- Produced from an Ultra-Fine, Submicron, Nano Grade Solid Carbide.
- Manufactured in house.
- 1,000s of tools in stock & ready to ship!
View all options and pricing.
- Tool Shank Diameters: 1/8″, 11/64″, 3/16″ & 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 5/16″ and metric sizes of 4 mm and 6 mm.
- Included Angles: 82°, 90°, 120° and 145°.
- Overall Lengths: 2.0″, 3.0″, 4.5″, 6.5″, 50 mm.
- Solid Carbide: Produced from premium, ultra-fine nano grade carbide for maximum tool strength.
Use for Rotary Applications with:
- CNC Milling Machines.
- Lathes & more.
You may also like…
Engraving Tool Starter Kits Set Of 6 Popular Engraving Tools
Extended Reach Tool Holder Holds 1/8” (0.125”) diameter tools. 6 inches overall length. Extremely small 3/8” (0.375”) overall diameter.
Extended Reach Tool Holder Reaches In To Deep Cavities
- Slow 20° Helix reduces workpiece lifting.
- Extremely sharp cutting edges for fine finish.
- Solid Carbide.
- Single, 2 and 3 flutes.
Square End Mills for Plastic and Wood
Ball Nose End Mills For Steels: Radius Cuts – Solid Carbide