2L CNC Dot Peen Tool Marker Produces Permanent Dots or Pin Marks on Uneven Work Surfaces Using the Rotating Spindle of Virtually Any CNC Machine.
News Release: Friday, October 16, 12:00 pm EST
Source 2L inc., Hudson, Massachusetts - 2L inc. announced today it has expanded its' Marking Tool product line to offer a CNC Dot Peen Marking Tool. The CNC Dot Peen Marking Tool produces permanent peened dots or pin marks using the rotating spindle of a CNC machine.
In operation the CNC Dot Peen Tool generates a succession of dots that appear as a line.
2L CNC Dot Peen Marking Tool
The CNC Dot Peen Marking Tool provides manufacturers and machine shops with an inexpensive means of producing dot peen marks.
According to a company spokesman, "The addition of a Dot Peen Marking Tool opens up opportunities for smaller manufacturers and job shops to be able to bid on jobs previously unavailable to them.” “The CNC Dot Peen Marking Tool allows virtually any machine shop to be able to produce dot peened marks utilizing CNC equipment they already have.” “In addition, compared with purchasing a dedicated dot peen machine, a significant reduction in cost and set up time can be realized with the 2L tool as operators do not need to spend valuable time relocating each workpiece to a separate machine for marking. The marks can be made during production of the workpiece directly on the manufacturing equipment." "Additionally, precise location of the marking surface is not critical as the tool can accommodate height variations up to approximately 0.100" (2.5 mm)", he added.
The CNC Dot Peen Tool Marker produces permanent dots or pin marks using the rotating spindle of a CNC machine. Operation of the tool generates a succession of dots that appear as a line.
- The 3/4” diameter shank fits into a standard 3/4” collet or end mill holder.
- The tool compensates for tolerance variations in the surface height of approximately 0.100" (2.5 mm).
- The integrated collet allows quick tool bit changes without removing the tool from the machine.
- The tool can perform high speed marking as fast as the CNC machine can move.
- Mark practically any material using inexpensive, easily replaceable dot peen tool bits.
- Produce marks on a wide range of material hardness, from soft plastics and aluminum to hardened steels, using different strength springs.
- Program using standard engraving software or use the included 2L Engraving Software Program.
2L manufactures multiple angled Dot Peen Tool Bits with varying tip radii. The different radius tip sizes combined with the different angles produces different size dots. The Dot Peen Tool Bits are made in house at 2L from superior quality solid carbide.
Demonstration videos of the CNC Dot Peen Tool Marker are available on the company's web site www.2Linc.com.
2L Inc.'s Engraving and Workholding product lines continue to grow, offering superior quality products made in Hudson, Massachusetts, USA.
Please refer all inquiries to:
4 Kane Industrial Drive
P.O. Box 105, Hudson, MA 01749
Tel: (978)567-8867, Fax: (978)562-8972
About 2L inc.: Since 1998 2L inc. has been designing, developing and manufacturing innovative tools and product solutions for the manufacturing, engraving and industrial markets. All of our products are proudly made in the USA.