Engrave Flat, Curved and Uneven Surfaces With a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool and CNC Milling Machine
The 2L Spring Loaded Engraving Tool simplifies engraving and marking, reduces set up times, and reduces cycle times when engraving using your CNC Milling Machine.
The Spring Loaded Engraving Tool's patented design allows the engraving tool bit to float over inconsistencies and variations in your part for a more consistent engraving.
- Engrave Flat, Curved and Uneven Surfaces faster using a 2L Spring Loaded Engraving Tool.
- Engrave with your CNC Machine. No need for additional and costly engraving or marking equipment. Machine and Engrave your parts in the same CNC machine.
- Dramatically reduce set up and cycle times.
- Engrave Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Plastic, Brass, Tool Steel, and many other materials.
- Obtain depth in your engraving of engraved letters, lines, logos, etc. using a variety of engraving tool bit styles, angles, and tip widths/radius.
- Etch or Scribe Glass, Stone, Granite and Ceramic as well as Deburr and Polish Parts.
- Use for Rotary Engraving, and Drag/Scratch Engraving/Scribing.
2L Spring Loaded Engraving Tools are Manufactured in our Facility in Massachusetts, USA!
|3/4" (.750") Diameter|
Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool™
Part No.: 10870*
* The 2L Spring Loaded Engraving Tool is covered by U.S. Patents 6,834,434, 7,093,368, 7,607,871 and a pending utility patent application.
3/4" (.750") Diameter
Simulation of a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Engraving a Curved Part
The Spring Action Allows the Tool Bit to Move with the Surface and Compensate for Irregularities in the Material.
Complete Product Details
3/4" (.750") Diameter Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool™
- 3/4" (.750") Diameter Shaft Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Fits in a 3/4" Collet or End Mill Holder.
- 10,000 Maximum RPM.
- 1,000 - 10,000 RPM speed range.
- Each 3/4" diameter Spring Loaded Engraving Tool is sold as a Kit that includes everything needed to get started engraving. Each Kit includes a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool, 3/16" diameter Solid Carbide Engraving Tool Bit, 3/16" Integrated Collet, Light Tension Spring, free download of the 2L PRO Light Engraving Software Program, wrenches, instructions for use and a sturdy storage case.
- The 3/4" Spring Loaded Engraving Tool has a custom integrated Collet which holds the Tool Bits in the Toolholder.
- Each 3/4" Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit is shipped with a 3/16" Collet to hold 3/16" diameter Tool Bits. Additional Collets of 1/8", 1/4", 4 mm and 6 mm are available separately.
- Engrave using your existing CNC Machine. There is no need for dedicated engraving machines or marking systems. Use the CNC milling equipment you already have for marking and engraving parts. Engrave using your CNC milling machine without removing the part from the machining set up or vise.
- Engraves uneven, curved and flat surfaces. Spring loaded design compensates for uneven or curved material surfaces and provides constant pressure to the engraving
tool bit as it moves over the surface being engraved. Slight surface variations from part to part no longer create illegible engraving when engraving with the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool. The
tool bit floats back and forth within the Toolholder to move over inconsistencies in the part.
See engraving examples.
- Compensates for varying part height and surfaces. Provides .40" of travel to the Tool Bit and compensates for variations in the material surface. It is not critical that the part being engraved is perfectly flat on the machine table.
- Improves Tool Bit life. The spring loaded design allows the tool bit to move over the contour of the part minimizing possible breakage or wear when engraving inconsistent materials and workpieces.
- A wide range of engraving tools can be used in the Spring Loaded Engraving Tools. 2L's Engraving Tool Bits are designed and tested for maximum performance of the Spring Loaded Engraving Tools.
We test and manufacture bits to engrave many materials, such as Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Tool Steel, Acrylic, and more. View all
2L Engraving Tools.
- Use for rotating or drag/scratch engraving and scribing. The Spring Loaded Engraving Tool can be rotated to use rotating cutting Engraving
Tools or held stationary for scratch engraving with Diamond Engraving Tools for hard materials such as glass engraving, stone engraving, tile engraving, etc.
- Reduce engraving cycle times up to 84%. Rapid Tool (G0) into the part and use the suggested feed rates (instead of slow feed).
The engraving cycle times can be dramatically reduced by up to 84% with correct
operation of the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool. View cycle time comparisons and Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Speeds and Feeds.
- Significantly reduce set up times. In production applications set up times can be reduced dramatically. As the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool compensates for height variations from part to part, there is no need to relocate each part when loaded into the CNC machine.
- Engrave soft, hard, and difficult to mark materials. Engrave or mark most materials of various hardness from Plastic to Hardened Steel. Use different tension springs to vary the force against the
tool bit. Easy Spring changes provide deeper or lighter engraving marks.
- Quick Tool Bit changes possible.
There is no need to remove the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool from the machine to change tool bits. The Mini Spring Loaded Engraving Tool holds 3/16" Diameter Engraving Tools.
- Engrave text, numbers, symbols, logos, lines and more. Typical engraving of text height of 10 pts (.085") and larger is
possible using a wide variety of standard engraving tool styles and sizes.
- Very small engraving possible, as small as 0.030" letter height. Engrave very fine lines and letters as small as .030" high using the Carbide Point Engraving Tool
and a Heavy Spring with a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool (example below).
- Engrave glass, stone, granite ceramic. Use a Diamond Tip Engraving Tool or
Carbide Point Engraving tool in the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool. These
tool bits will produce very fine and shallow lines. View Example of glass engraving
- Polish, buff and deburr. Use brushes and polishing wheels in the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool
to polish and deburr workpieces.
- Obtain precise depth of engraving using the optional Depth Control Engraving
System. Control engraving depth in 0.001" increments using the Engraving Depth Control
Nosepiece System. The Nosepiece System is
effective when engraving very soft materials using a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool.
- Free engraving software program provided with the purchase of a Spring
Loaded Engraving Tool Kit.
The PRO Light Version of the 2L Engraving Software (download version) is provided FREE of charge with the purchase of a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit. The
PRO Light Version converts any font into standard G Code for engraving using CNC or milling machine.
View LIGHT version features of the 2L Engraving Software.
For increased engraving software functionality, 2L offers several software programs and single line engraving fonts.
- PRO 1: 3 Axis engraving software - CAD/CAM engraving software program, serialize part #s, logos, drawing, etc.
- PRO 2: 3 & 4 Axis, C-Axis, and Multi-Axis Rotary Lathe engraving software - CAD/CAM engraving program for 3/4 axis and rotary lathes.
- PRO 3: 2D data matrix barcode engraving software - 2D data matrix barcodes, CAD/CAM, serial numbers.
- Single Line Engraving Fonts for use with all the 2L Engraving Software Programs.
- See details on all 2L Engraving Software Programs.
3/4" (0.750") Diameter Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit
This Kit includes everything you need to get started engraving with your cnc machine.
for use with the 20 mm Diameter Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool™
Springs provide force against the tool bit.
Engraving Tool Starter Kits
Each Engraving Tool Starter Kit includes one of each of the following popular Tool Bit styles. Each Tool Bit is manufactured of a Premium, Ultra Fine, Nano Grade, Solid Carbide for maximum tool strength and durability. This selection of Tool Bits engraves a wide range of materials and can assist you in determining which Engraving Tool Bit you prefer for the material being engraved and your specific application.
Customers Purchasing a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit Also Use:
This set of six of our most popular Engraving Tools will familiarize you with our cutters and assist in determining the tool you prefer for the material being engraved.