Engrave Curved, Flat and Uneven Surfaces With a CNC Milling Machine.
Spring Loaded Engraving Tools simplify engraving and marking and reduce set up and cycle times when engraving using your CNC Milling Machine.
- Engrave Flat, Curved and Uneven Surfaces faster using a 2L Spring Loaded Engraving Tool.
- Obtain depth in your engraving of engraved letters, lines, logos, etc. using a variety of engraving tool styles, angles, and tip widths/radius.
- Dramatically reduce set up and cycle times.
- Engrave Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, Plastic, Brass, Tool Steel, and many other materials.
- Etch or Scribe Glass, Stone, Granite and Ceramic as well as Deburr and Polish Parts.
- Use for Rotary or Drag/Scratch Engraving.
3/4" (.75") Diameter Spring Loaded Engraving Tool*
Catalog No. 10870
2L Spring Loaded Engraving Tools are designed, patented, and manufactured by us in our facility in Massachusetts, USA.
We manufacture five different size Spring Loaded Engraving Tools to fit virtually any CNC machine. View all Spring Loaded Engraving Tools.
Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool
3/4" Diameter Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool
- 3/4" (.750" / 19 mm) Diameter Shaft Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Fits in a 3/4" Collet or End Mill Holder.
- 10,000 Maximum RPM.
- 1,000 - 10,000 RPM speed range.
- The 3/4" Spring Loaded Engraving Tool has a custom integrated Collet which holds the Tool Bits in the Toolholder.
- Each 3/4" Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit is shipped with a 3/16" Collet to hold 3/16" diameter Tool Bits.
- Additional Collets of 1/8", 1/4", 4 mm and 6 mm are available separately.
- Engrave using your existing CNC Machine.
No need for dedicated engraving machines or marking systems. Use the CNC milling equipment you already have for marking and engraving parts. Engrave using your CNC milling machine without removing the part from the machining set up or vise.
- Engraves uneven, curved and flat surfaces.
Spring loaded design compensates for uneven or curved material surfaces and provides constant pressure to the engraving toolbit as it moves over the surface being engraved. Slight surface variations from part to part no longer create illegible engraving when engraving with the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool. The toolbit floats back and forth within the toolholder to move over inconsistencies in the part. See engraving examples.
- Compensates for varying part height and surfaces.
Provides .40" of travel to the Tool Bit and compensates for variations in the material surface. It is not critical that the part being engraved is perfectly flat on the machine table.
- Improves Tool Bit life.
Spring loaded design allows the tool bit to move over the contour of the part minimizing possible breakage or wear when engraving inconsistent materials and workpieces. A wide range of engraving tools can be used in the Spring Loaded Engraving Tools. 2L's Engraving Tool Bits are designed and tested for maximum performance of the Spring Loaded Engraving Tools. We test and manufacture bits to engrave many materials, such as Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Tool Steel, Acrylic, and more. View all 2L Engraving Tools.
- Use for rotating or drag/scratch engraving.
The Spring Loaded Engraving Tool can be rotated to use rotating cutting Engraving Tools or held stationary for scratch engraving with Diamond Engraving Tools for hard materials such as glass engraving, stone engraving, tile engraving, etc.
- Reduce engraving cycle times up to 84%.
Rapid Tool (G0) into the part and use the suggested feed rates (instead of slow feed). The engraving cycle times can be dramatically reduced by up to 84%. View cycle time comparisons and Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Speeds and Feeds.
- Significantly reduce set up times.
In production applications set up times can be reduced dramatically. As the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool compensates for height variations from part to part, there is no need to relocate each part when loaded into the CNC machine.
- Engrave soft, hard, and difficult to mark materials.
Engrave or mark most materials of various hardness from Plastic to Hardened Steel. Use different tension springs to vary the force against the toolbit. Easy Spring changes provide deeper or lighter engraving marks.
- Quick Tool Bit changes.
There is no need to remove the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool from the machine to change toolbits. The Mini Spring Loaded Engraving Tool holds 3/16" Diameter Engraving Tools.
- Engrave test, numbers, symbols, logos, lines and more.
Typical engraving of text height of 10 pts (.085") and larger is possible using a wide variety of standard engraving tool styles and sizes.
- Very small engraving possible - 0.030" letter height.
Engrave very fine lines and letters as small as .030" high using the Carbide Point Engraving Tool and a Heavy Spring with a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool (example below).
- Engrave glass, stone, granite.
Engrave glass, stone, granite and ceramic using a Diamond Tip Engraving Tool in the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool. The Diamond Tool will produce very fine lines. View Example of glass engraving
- Polish, buff and deburr.
Use brushes and polishing wheels in the Spring Loaded Engraving Toolholder to polish, buff and deburr.
- Obtain Precise depth of engraving.
Control engraving depth in 0.001" increments using the Engraving Depth Control Nosepiece System. The Nosepiece System is effective when engraving very soft materials using a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool.
Free engraving software program.
The Light Version of the 2L Engraving Software (download version) is provided FREE of charge with the purchase of a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit. The Light Version converts any font into standard g code for engraving using CNC or milling machine. View LIGHT version features of the 2L Engraving Software.
Additional engraving software programs are available.
For increased engraving software functionality, 2L offers several software programs and single line engraving fonts.
- PRO 1: 3 Axis engraving software - CAD/CAM engraving software program, serialize part #s, logos, drawing, etc.
- PRO 2: 3 & 4 Axis, C-Axis, and Multi-Axis Rotary Lathe engraving software - CAD/CAM engraving program for 3/4 axis and rotary lathes.
- PRO 3: 2D data matrix barcode engraving software - 2D data matrix barcodes, CAD/CAM, serial numbers.
- Single Line Engraving Fonts for use with all the 2L Engraving Software Programs.
- See details on all 2L Engraving Software Programs.
|3/4" Diameter Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit|
3/4" (0.75") diameter
Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit
|Customers Purchasing a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit Also Ordered|
This set of six of our most popular Engraving Tools will familiarize you with our cutters and assist in determining the tool you prefer for the material being engraved.