Engrave Curved, Flat and Uneven Surfaces With a CNC Milling Machine.
Spring Loaded Engraving Tools simplify engraving and marking and reduce cycle times when engraving using your CNC Machine.
The patented design of the Spring Loaded Tool allows the engraving toolbit to float over inconsistencies and variations in your part for a more consistent engraving.
Spring Loaded Engraving Tools:
- Engrave Flat, Curved and Uneven Surfaces.
- Reduce engraving cycle times up to 84%.
- Dramatically reduce set up times.
- Engrave wide range of materials: Plastic, Aluminum, Stainless, Tool Steel, Glass and more.
- Use your CNC machine to engrave and eliminate the need for dedicated engraving machines.
- Five different size Spring Loaded Engraving Tools are available to fit virtually any CNC machine. View All Sizes.
* The Spring Loaded Engraving Tool is covered by U.S. Patents 6,834,434, 7,093,368, 7,607,871 and a pending utility patent application.
Expanded Details of the 3/4" Diameter Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool:
- ENGRAVE USING YOUR EXISTING CNC MACHINE
No need for dedicated engraving machines or marking systems. Use the CNC milling equipment you already have for marking and engraving parts. Engrave using your CNC milling machine without removing the part from the machining set up or vise.
- ENGRAVE UNEVEN, CURVED AND FLAT SURFACES
Spring loaded design compensates for uneven or curved material surfaces and provides constant pressure to the engraving toolbit as it moves over the surface being engraved. Slight surface variations from part to part no longer create illegible engraving when engraving with the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool. The toolbit floats back and forth within the toolholder to move over inconsistencies in the part. See engraving examples.
- COMPENSATES FOR VARYING PART HEIGHT AND SURFACES
Provides .40" of Travel to the Toolbit and compensates for variations in the material surface. It is not critical that the part being engraved is perfectly flat on the machine table.
- IMPROVE TOOL BIT LIFE
Spring loaded design allows the tool bit to move over the contour of the part minimizing possible breakage or wear when engraving inconsistent materials and workpieces. A wide range of engraving tools can be used in the Spring Loaded Engraving Tools. 2L's Engraving Tool Bits are designed and tested for maximum performance of the Spring Loaded Tools. We test and manufacture bits to engrave many materials, such as Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Tool Steel, Acrylic, and more. View all 2L Engraving Tools.
- HIGH PRODUCTION ENGRAVING
The 3/4" Diameter Standard Spring Loaded Tool is designed for high volume - high speed production engraving.
- USE FOR ROTATING OR DRAG/SCRATCH ENGRAVING
The Spring Loaded Engraving Tool can be rotated to use rotating cutting Engraving Tools or held stationary for scratch engraving with Diamond Engraving Tools for hard materials such as glass engraving, stone engraving, tile engraving, etc.
- REDUCE ENGRAVING CYCLE TIMES UP TO 84%
Rapid Tool (G0) into the part and use the suggested feed rates (instead of slow feed). The engraving cycle times can be dramatically reduced by up to 84%. View cycle time comparisons and Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Speeds and Feeds.
- SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCE SET UP TIMES
In production applications set up times can be reduced dramatically. As the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool compensates for height variations from part to part, there is no need to relocate each part when loaded into the CNC machine.
- ENGRAVE SOFT, HARD AND DIFFICULT TO MARK MATERIALS
Engrave or mark most materials of various hardness from Plastic to Hardened Steel. Use different tension springs to vary the force against the toolbit. Easy Spring changes provide deeper or lighter engraving marks.
- QUICK TOOL BIT CHANGES.
Integrated Collet allows quick tool bit changes. There is no need to remove the Spring Loaded Tool from the machine to change toolbits. A 3/16" Collet is included with the Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit. Additional Collets of 1/8", 1/4", 4mm and 6mm are available separately.
- ENGRAVE TEXT, NUMBERS, SYMBOLS, LOGOS, LINES & MORE 10 pt (.085") HIGH
Typical engraving of text height of 10 pts (.085") and larger is possible using a wide variety of standard engraving tool styles and sizes.
- VERY SMALL ENGRAVING POSSIBLE - 0.030" LETTERS.
Engrave very fine lines and letters as small as .030" high using the Carbide Point Engraving Tool and a Heavy Spring with a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool (example below).
- ENGRAVE GLASS, STONE, GRANITE.
Engrave glass, stone, granite and ceramic using a Diamond Tip Engraving Tool in the Spring Loaded Engraving Tool. The Diamond Tool will produce very fine lines. View Example of glass engraving
- POLISH, BUFF, AND DEBURR.
Use brushes and polishing wheels in the Spring Loaded Engraving Toolholder to polish, buff and deburr.
- PRECISE DEPTH OF ENGRAVING.
Control engraving depth in 0.001" increments using the Engraving Depth Control Nosepiece System. The Nosepiece System is effective when engraving very soft materials using a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool.
FREE ENGRAVING SOFTWARE.
The Light Version of the 2L Engraving Software (download version) is provided FREE of charge with the purchase of a Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit. The Light Version converts any font into standard g code for engraving using CNC or milling machine. View LIGHT version features of the 2L Engraving Software.
ADDITIONAL ENGRAVING SOFTWARE PROGRAMS AVAILABLE.
For increased engraving software functionality, 2L offers several software programs and single line engraving fonts.
- PRO 1: 3 Axis engraving software - CAD/CAM engraving software program, serialize part #s, logos, drawing, etc.
- PRO 2: 4 Axis engraving software - CAD/CAM engraving program for 3/4 axis and rotary lathes.
- PRO 3: 2D data matrix barcode engraving software - 2D data matrix barcodes, CAD/CAM, serial numbers.
- Single Line Engraving Fonts for use with all the 2L Engraving Software Programs.
- For details on all the 2L Engraving Software Programs <<< click here >>>.
|3/4" Diameter Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit|
3/4" (0.75") diameter
Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit
|Popular Engraving Tools
for Use with Spring Loaded Engraving Tools
Tough Tip Engraving Tool for:
- Stainless Steel
- Tool Steel
- Gun Steel,
- & more
General Purpose Engraving Tool for:
- & more
Conical Ballnose Tool Engraving Tool for:
- & more
|View all Engraving Tool Bits|
for use with the 3/4" Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool
Springs provide force against the tool bit.
A Light Tension Spring is included with each 20 mm Spring Loaded Engraving Tool and is good for most general engraving.
An Extra Light tension Spring can be used to apply less force when engraving softer materials.
Stronger tension Springs can be used to apply greater force when engraving harder materials.
These Springs are for use with the Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tools.
|Others Purchasing the 3/4" Diameter Standard Spring Loaded Engraving Tool Kit Also Ordered|
Engraving Tools - designed for engraving materials such as aluminum, steel, stainless & more.
Engraving Software - 2L offers several engraving software programs.
Depth Controlling Engraving System For precise depth of when engraving softer materials.